January 28, 2010

Holga!!


Before dinner, I bought a Holga camera!! I can't wait until it gets here from Hong Kong. I have checked them out before but never really thought about getting one. 
*image of the camera by Tamiro
When I was looking at flickr for some blog-worthy inspirational pics, I found a Holga group.  All of the images are soo cool and rugged looking.  Here are a few:

*top image from billion
*bottom image from god_dess_ss
This is what Wikipedia has to say about the Holga:
"The Holga is an inexpensive, medium format 120 film toy camera, made in China, appreciated for its low-fidelity aesthetic. 
The Holga's cheap construction and simple meniscus lens often yields pictures that display vignetting, blur, light streaks, and other distortions. The camera's quality problems have become a virtue among some photographers, with Holga photos winning awards and competitions in art and news photography."
Now I just have to order some film and research places to get the really large film developed! Can't wait!

No comments: