June 25, 2009

Hello weekend!

It's the weekend (for me anyways). My classes are done for the week but that, in no way means that I don't have a ton of homework to do. For some reason I chose to take a class that jams a whole semester of cost accounting into an 11 day, 3 1/2 hour a day class. We still have basically the same amount of homework, quizzes, and tests, but just packed into 2 1/2 weeks. So...after I get done with this insane class, I will be blogging much more!

A few things I wanted to quickly post:

This past weekend was Father's day and since my dad loves to grill, I got him a jalepeno popper grill thing from Williams Sanoma. They tasted great, but next time I think we should try it with a pepper that isn't so spicy! The filling we used was a mixture of cream cheese, onion salt, chopped garlic, and bacon pieces. YUM

For Father's day dinner, we cooked up some ground lamb from the farmer's market into kabobs and I made homemade pita bread to eat them on. It took all afternoon to make everything, but it was definitely worth it.

We also made homemade ice cream while I was home. I found the ice cream maker in the garage, cleaned out the moths (literally!) and made some delicious ice cream with my little sister. We put in crushed Oreos and that chocolate shell stuff.

In case you haven't seen the Taylor Swift rap video, PLEASE go to CMT.com and watch it. It's my new favorite thing. Fave line: "I knit sweaters, yo." hahaha

Last thing before I take a nap and then begin the copius amounts of homework:


This picture, along with 14,499 others have been scanned into a collection posted on IU's library website. When I get more time, I really want to dig into them and see what's there. Here's the backstory...

"Charles Weever Cushman, amateur photographer and Indiana University alumnus, bequeathed approximately 14,500 Kodachrome color slides to his alma mater. The photographs in this collection bridge a thirty-two year span from 1938 to 1969, during which time he extensively documented the United States as well as other countries."

If you have a few minutes, check them out!

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: