March 21, 2010

Spring Break: Recap

Well, after coming up with all of my wonderful ideas for places to go on spring break, I ended up staying in Indy the entire week.  My only plans were to work for my mom (genealogy stuff) and go to the gym and that's how the first few days of break were.  My mom woke me up at 7:30am almost every day to take me to her crazy classes at our gym.  I went to so many I don't even remember them all. A few of my faves:: cycling, yoga, and ZUMBA! I'm so excited that I can take more zumba classes at school even though I look like an idiot doing the moves.


I also went to pretty much every mall in the Indianapolis area. Enough said about that...


On wednesday, my mom took me to a cute little restaurant in Carmel called Serendipity.  It's inside of an old bank and you can even eat in the vault!  The food was amazing and they dyed their delicious scones green for St. Patrick's day. Overall a really cute place.


The next day, I went to a wine class at Grape Inspirations in Carmel with my parents.  I was not sure I would enjoy it because I'm not really a wine enthusiast...but it turned out to be really interesting. We learned a lot of wine terms and got to taste 7 different wines.  I loved the fruit wines and got a couple small bottles to enjoy with my friends when it's a little warmer :)


After the wine class, I met some of my friends from school at Howl at the Moon, a dueling piano bar.  It was college night so we all got in free!  They played some good songs and even got a bunch of the "older" crowd up on stage. It was a fun people-watching night.


Friday, I worked on my super secret project that will be unveiled Tuesday!


Saturday, I had an appointment for a facial at Bungalow 226.  I don't remember the last time I've had one so it was a treat. My mom showed me pictures of the place and it is totally my style!  The things you lay on were covered in pretty flowered quilts.  It was really Anthropologie-ish. My fave.  I will definitely go back once I start working.


Then I headed back to Bloomington to meet up with my cousin.  She brought her roommate and friend down to check out the law school and tour IU.  We played euchre, watched basketball, and had a fun night. It was definitely a fun end to my spring break.


Sorry this has been so long!  It's more of a post to remind me of the places I went over my last Spring Break.


*images from here, here, and here.

No comments: