February 23, 2010

wednesday night dinners with the girls






At the beginning of the semester, one of my friends who I didn't get to see much last semester suggested that our little group should get together every wednesday and do "family dinners."  We wait until everyone is done with their night classes, then take turns at each person's apartment/house to host the dinner. We make the time, no matter what is going on and have dinner with each other. I love it. The person who is hosting makes the main meal and then the others bring drinks, side dishes, and dessert.  I haven't really taken as many pictures as I should have, but I have a couple.  The other week I made white chili with sour cream, cheddar cheese, onion, and cilantro on top. That's the picture on the right. Tonight I made whole wheat banana chocolate chip muffins to take for tomorrow's dinner. My roommate makes the best version I've ever tasted but she was gone so I found one online that sounded similar.  It's from the Sisters' Cafe and so is the image.  

No comments: