June 21, 2010

Father's Day dinner

The last summer session wasn't as relaxing as I thought it would be, but I shouldn't have been surprised since I was taking 10 credit hours.  Now I'm down to 4. Sign Language and tennis! I have so much free time I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. 


I went home yesterday morning for Father's Day. Traditionally, I make my dad breakfast in bed, but this year I let my sister's take over so I could sleep a little longer! I cooked my dad some special apple/chardonnay/chicken sausages on the grill and then took my sisters shopping. My dad had to get a bunch of stuff done for work, so we let him work.  After shopping the sisters went to the pool and hung out there since it was crazy hot. When we got back we picked up our mom and did some more shopping (same store...). Then it was time to start the most epic Father's Day dinner ever created.




We made:

  • pesto from basil my family was growing
  • bruschetta 
  • giant fillet from Fresh Market
  • pear, goat cheese, walnut, and arugula salad
  • mini potatoes cooked on the grill
  • fruit cups: strawberries, pear, raspberries, blueberries
It was soo good!

No comments: