May 16, 2010

Farmers' Market Season Has Begun!


I don't know why I love going to farmers' markets so much, but I do. I love to just walk around and see what everyone is selling and the interesting people who attend.  Yesterday I walked to the market and regretted it when I saw all the plants I wanted to buy! Next week I am definitely driving so I can get some plants for a mini garden on my back porch. I'm pretty excited to get that going.  While I was walking around I saw several people selling strawberries. I got some last year and had to get them again because they have an amazing taste, nothing like what you buy at the store.  I also got a bundle of green onion and some beets.  When I got back to my apartment I made the most delicious salad: spinach and romaine lettuce with sliced strawberries, 1/2 oz goat cheese and balsamic spray dressing. Yummm

No comments: